Monday, September 13, 2010

My next project:

Hello again!

I finished my 'weinerville' inspired puppet film. You can watch it here. I was fairly pleased with the outcome, however if I do a film in this style again I would do several things differently. The display boards I used greatly reduced the angles that were possible to shoot in. If the three walls that made the sets had not been connected, I could have played around a bit more and had a more interesting looking film, but you live and you learn.

I decided my next film would be another puppet show but more in the style of Jim Henson and the Muppets. The story involves an armadillo and a hog traveling from the midwest to the east coast during a second dust bowl. There'll be a lot of sets and effects, so it should be a lot of fun, but I've got my work cut out for me.

I plan to submit this as my senior capstone film for film school so don't expect to see a finished project until May of 2011. Anywho, I had to teach myself to sew to make some puppets and here is my first attempt:














I made a few mistakes on this one, so I probably won't end up using it in the film, but it's supposed to be the main character, an armadillo.

This next one is the villain in the film, a rockabilly goat.


I think this one turned out much better and the next one should be even better and so on, because Sarah bought me a sewing machine, these first two were sewn entirely by hand.

There is an online puppet building contest this month and I plan to submit this goat once I've done the finishing touches, then cross my fingers for the $200 cash prize [licks lips]

And if you want to see the above puppet in action, look no further.


No comments:

Post a Comment